Second observation of the first week! :D
My friend, her friend (let's call him Pete for ease of reference), and I were on the bus back home. The both of them were friends since JC and were telling me about how they had the same private Math tutor who was a gym rat and extremely buffed. Anyway, Pete suddenly said "He killed my mother". To which I went "?!?!".
And he continued, "Cause he's an auntie-killer".
His story reminded me of the lexeme example that Dr Ooi gave in class; you "kick the bucket", not "the bucket was kicked by you".
So when Pete said that his Math tutor killed his mother, he altered the compound noun of "auntie" and "killer", changing it from an adjective (He's an auntie-killer) to an action (He killed my mother). I'm just glad he meant it in the metaphorical sense rather than the literal one. Haha.