<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6251802114015303257?origin\x3dhttp://el4216rashidah.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Starring the Starfish
Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:52 AM

I admit that this might not be very lexical but I thought we could use a smile once in a while.

Remember my post about Manhattan Fish Market? I was on their website and checking the "fishy facts" section, the part where they tell you general information about fish that you never need to know in real life :D

Here's a screen grab from the site, it's small and pixel-y here but if you click on the picture, the bigger picture will look much better.


















For everyone's benefit, what the last line said was that "A starfish doesn't have a brain". And my lexical priming immediately made me think of this:




















HAHAHAHA! He's cute, and hilarious sometimes, but I wouldn't want him working on my house anytime soon :)

About this Blog
Nur Rashidah

This blog is a compulsory component of a Linguistics module I'm taking. I, along with my other coursemates, have to note down our observations on the English Language twice weekly.

I'll try to make the anecdotes as entertaining and personal as possible, but having said that I must stress that this is in no way a personal blog whatsoever :)

Do leave a comment to say hi, criticise constructively or just to share what's up :)

Tag! You're it!

The Cool Coursemates
Amelia Teng
Amelia Leong (Mia)
Daniel #1
Daniel #2 (Danny)
Emmalyn
Heon
Hui Min
Jeanette
Jia Jie
Melissa
Ying Qi
Zuhara

Archives
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • Credits
    Honesty is the best policy! Leave the credits alone!
    This layout is proudly made by hopmad. Images are from tumblr and flickr. Hopmad did the collage of the images with the help from GIMP and she got the textures from swimchick.